Set of two 70-page top spiralbound memo books. Each book measures 3.75″ wide by 8.25″ tall, with college ruled lined paper (9/32″, or 7.1mm), and a pocket on the inside.
From Field Notes: For years, people had been asking us to make a Reporter’s Notebook. So we did. Our Summer 2016 “Byline” Limited Edition was apparently exactly what people had hoped for. It was an instant classic, and quickly sold out. Then even more people wrote to ask us to make more Reporter’s Notebooks. So we did. “Front Page” is here, and will remain in production and in stock indefinitely.
Price: $14.95 for a 2 pack of reporter notebooks | Check Prices
So what’s changed? Only some cosmetic details. The cover is the same heavy 120#DTC Neenah stock, but in a lighter “Concrete” gray. The innards are the same Cougar 70# text paper, but bright white college-ruled with light gray lines. The Double-O-Binding is black rather than silver. That’s all, really.
It’s everything you loved about “Byline,” in a permanent edition. The basic specifications remain unchanged, it’s sized perfectly for your hands, easy to write in with one hand while holding it with the other. The cover protects the wire binding, so it doesn’t get caught on fabric or stuff in your backpack. It’s college-ruled for optimal page economy. The diameter of the binding and the die-cut holes that the binding passes through are optimized for maximum “flippability.” And the handy pocket in the back cover makes for a thicker, more stable hand-held writing surface, and also gives you a place to stash a shred of evidence or a receipt for the cocktails you bought to ply a reluctant witness. … And fear not, all the useful text packed inside the “Byline” covers remains for “Front Page.”
01. Proudly printed by the good people of eDoc Communications, Mount Prospect, Ill.
02. Cover: Neenah Environment 120#DTC “Concrete” with a brute force application of “Dachshund Nose” black soy-based Saphira ink.
03. Innards: Cougar 70#T “White” vellum ruled with “Gray Lady” soy-based Saphira ink.
04. Cover and innards printed on a Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 40” 6-color printing press.
05. Bound with bombproof Renz “Double-O” Ring Wire, with appreciation to U.S. Patent #2142816, filed in 1935 by W. Walter Grumbacher.
06. Corners rounded to 3/8″ (9.5mm) by a Challenge SCM round-corner machine.
07. College Ruled Lines: 9/32″ (7.1 mm).
08. Notebook dimensions: 3–3/4″× 8-1/4″ (95mm x 210mm).
09. Field Notes uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927).
10. All Field Notes memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.